WHAT ACTIONS IS TAKE ME TO THE WATER TAKING TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY?
- Pool occupancy rates are kept under 25% in NJ and 33% in NYC at all times per the Governor’s recommendations.
- All classes are now either private or semi-private.
We are using non-contact thermometers to check the temperatures of all clients and staff daily.
- We are only allowing one parent per child, to reduce the number of clients within the facility.
- For individuals not in the water, masks are required.
Instructors will be wearing shields while teaching lessons (and additional masks upon parent’s request).
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout all locations.
- We are also asking that swimmers arrive ready for class to avoid changing before lessons. After lessons are complete, we ask that students leave the pool area quickly in order to maintain our required pool capacity limits.
- Showers will remain closed until CDC guidelines state otherwise.
We have implemented enhanced cleaning schedules as a preventative measure for the COVID-19, cold, and flu viruses.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP?
As with any cold and flu season, we ask that you do your part to keep the Take Me To The Water families healthy and safe by regularly washing your hands and keeping children, siblings, or caretakers home from swim lessons if they experience any of the following symptoms:
- Fever of (100.4° and higher)
- Severe cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
Additionally, we ask that you reschedule lessons if anyone in your family has been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or had recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19.
If you have any questions for Take Me To The Water or to learn more about what your specific location is doing to proactively prevent the spread of germs, please contact your school directly. As always, we value your family and wish you continued health and safety. Please reach out via phone at 212-371-9500 or email us at email@example.com